Statcounter

woensdag 8 maart 2017

Eurovison 2017: The contestants part 1

If you live in Europe then there's a good chance you are eagerly awaiting one of the biggest musical events of the year. I'm talking about Eurovision of course. Ballads, glitter, costumes, it all comes together at Eurovision. Eurovision 2017 is being held in Kyiv, Ukraine. The Semi-Finals will held May 9th and May 11th, the Grand Final will be held May 13th. In 9 weeks I will be showing you all the contestants and songs for this years Eurovision. Today I will be talking about the first 2 country's. I'm going in alphabetical order as much as I can, but since some acts have not yet been announced it might not always be exactly in the right order. Today I'll be starting with Albania and Australia.


Albania is being represented by Lindita, the song is called Botë. This seems like a very classic Eurovision ballad. Personally I always have a bit of an issue with songs in a native language because I can't understand what it means. Which is something I heavily rely on in music. But I also understand that singing in your native language might be a way to represent your culture, which I respect. Lindita sounds like a strong vocalist and ballads usually do well, so there's a good chance this might end up in the finals.

Edit: It has come to my attention that Lindita will be performing and English rendition of this song called World. For more information please check part 7.


Representing Australia is Isaiah with the song Don't Come Easy. Now this one is an act I could potentially see ending up in the Grand Final. Good looking guy with a good voice and song that gets stuck in your head. The last thing might also hurt Australia's chances, cause the song seems very repetitive to me. A little repetition isn't bad for a song, but here I felt like I didn't even hear what the song was about because of it. His voice reminds me a lot of Sam Smith, which might work in his favor. But then again, normal pop rules don't exactly count in Eurovision. The amount of (small) vocals run are also getting a little annoying towards the end in this live performance, so maybe he should try to tone it a down a little. Besides that I think Australia has a good chance for a spot in the Grand Final.

Albania and Australia will both be participating in the first semi final held May 9th.

Those are the first 2 contestants for Eurovision 2017. What did you think of these 2 songs? Let me know in a comment below if you already have a favorite out of the acts announced so far.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten