Statcounter

vrijdag 17 maart 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 4

Welcome back to another introduction to the contestants of Eurovision. Today I will be showing you 3 more contestants from Georgia, Greece and Iceland. One thing I have noticed so far is the amount of "serious" contestants. Eurovision is known for it's weirdness and over the top performances, but the last few years there's been a decline. Now we aren't even halfway into the full contenders list, so there's still plenty of room for weirdness. But so far there hasn't really been much.


Tako Gachechiladze is the first contestant for today. With her song Keep The Faith she will be representing Georgia. This song and performance seems to tick all the Eurovision boxes. Big ballad, nice dress, political message, uplifting song, gimmick. It's all there. The song is quite a nice song, it has a good message, something people can use given the state of the world right now. With her big hair she is definitely someone who stands out among the contestants. Then the dress lighting up in the end is a nice gimmick, but I'm not sure it adds anything to the performance value. Maybe if I hear the idea behind it it will makes sense. The song has a little bit of a James Bond/Skyfall feel over it. But while the singer isn't bad by any means, she's no Adele. I can see this song going far in the competition though. It's cookie cutter Eurovision and even though I'm not a huge fan of cookie cutter Eurovision, a lot of people are. If they're keeping the political message in the background (which I guess they will) it's something to make them stand out and to make people pay attention. Politics usually do well at Eurovision, like it or not.

Representing Greece this year is Demy with the song This Is Love. I don't believe I've been particularly excited about Greece's contestants for the last 2-3 years, if I recall correctly. Yet this song has gotten me quite excited. When it first started it seemed like just another ballad to me, but then it took a surprising change. It gets a more modern twist which makes the song come alive and really makes me enjoy it. The singer is a beautiful woman with a lovely fresh faced quality, which I think will definitely help the score along too. Then there's the message of love that is clearly being spread in the song as well, which is almost classic Eurovision, but it doesn't hurt. I'm sad there's no live performance to be found of this song (yet), cause I think that would be the only possible bump in the road to the Grand Final for Greece. This one is definitely somewhere in the list of my favorites so far. Hats off to Greece for choosing such a great competitor.

Svala and her song Paper will be representing Iceland at this year's Eurovision. At first i wasn't quite sure where this song would lead too, but in the end I can say I kind of like this. It's not necessarily in my fvorites, but I can recognise a good song when I hear it. This sure is. The singer is strong, which results in a strong performance. I can even see this being performed with some back up dancers perhaps when we get to the semi-finals. I'm not ruling this one out yet. Not a huge fan of the shoes, but I can live with them. I like that she's dancing a little bit, it might be nice if it could be expanded a little more perhaps. As long as it doesn't jeopardize her vocals, cause that is what's most important here. Vaguely the song even reminds me a little bit of Sia, which can't hurt since it's not very strongly present. I'm not sure how this one will do, but I wish Iceland the best of luck.

These were another 3 contestants for Eurovision 2017. I hope you enjoyed some of these songs. Definitely leave a comment and let me know what you thought of these songs.

Find the other parts here:
Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten