Statcounter

vrijdag 31 maart 2017

Eurovision: The Contestants part 8

Welcome back to another Eurovision post. I have 3 new songs to show you. Today Sweden, Austria and Belarus are making their debut on this blog. With Austria we are moving on to the second semi-final. But don't worry there are plenty more songs to come, we are not even halfway there yet. So expect a lot more in the coming weeks. There's still 43 days to go until the Grand Final. Plenty of time to check out all the contestants. If you are new, or haven't read any of my previous posts about Eurovision, please check those out as well. There will be a link to each part on the bottom of this post. Now, I'm not gonna waist any more of your time. Let's go and play some songs.

We are starting this article with Sweden. Now there were a lot of thoughts going through my head for this one. So let me sup them up for you. The intro sounds quite a bit like the song Top Down by Fifth Harmony. It's not an exact copy, but they sound alike without a doubt. Then, handsome guy, very smooth, likely to very popular. Reminds me a lot of Olly Murs. Then I actually went to look for an example of Olly Murs, first song I clicked. Look at that video... Nice treadmills. Obviously most known for that are OK GO. It looks to me as if Sweden did some clever borrowing. The song is fairly okay. It's not outstanding, he uses a lot of backing vocal, so I can barely hear his actual voice. I think this will be a success though. The treadmill gimmick looks cool, the guy is very handsome, the song is fun. It's a recipe for Eurovision success. So I think Grand Final is guaranteed for them.


The next contestant is Nathan Trent who will be representing Austria. Now if I can I usually try to use a live clip, so we also have an idea of how the artist sounds live and what they might do performance wise. Now unfortunately Nathan Trent seems to be lip syncing in this performance. But I did include it, because it gives us an idea of the performance and stage presence. Now the song is fun, upbeat, positive. Just a nice song all around. Nathan has a nice stage presence, and from this clip it seems that his vocals won't be a problem as well. The only danger he might face is getting lost between all the acts with grand performances. Because from what it looks like here the performance will be very minimal, but maybe Austria hasn't shown us all their cards yet. Time will have to tell, but I think they are definitely a contender for the Grand Final.

The final song for today is from Naviband who will be representing Belarus with their song Historyja majho zyccia (Story Of My Life). I'm not quite sure if Belarus will be performing this song in their native language as seen in the video or in English. The song is listed as Story Of My Life on the Eurovision website, but no English version is to be found yet. The music video seems to be in Belarusian, so it might be that the Eurovision website made a mistake. I have said before how I have a heard time understanding and connecting to songs that are in a foreign language. Now I must say that I really like this song. I always enjoy myself a little folk music and this song seems like a lot of fun. Very uplifting and positive. It's a lovely performance, very well sung. I have a feeling this will do well. 

These were the 3 songs of today. Please leave a comment below to let me know you thoughts on these songs. I would love to know your opinion.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten